Re: software for TW523 on Linux

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 03:28:43 GMT, C Bower wrote:

I think C Bower is proposing an alternate solution.
> I have a kludged together system that works pretty well.  I have a CM-15
> controller controlled by a PC and programmmed for most functions.  For
> remote access I use a linux box running apache.  I use a CM-17 (firecracker)
> and bottlerocket (google for it) to drive the CM-17 (which sits 2 feet from
> the CM-15 which provides an all house code tranceiver).  A simple web page
> allows me to control everything by invoking bottlerocket with the
> appropriate arguments.  A tranceiver module could also be used, but only
> allows a single house code.
>
> You could also use a CM-11.  Linux software to drive the CM-11 is available
> on the net, but since my kludge is working, I've had no desire to pursue it.
> I have a spare CM-11 in the drawer right now.

That was a bit confusing, translation:

CM-15 = CM15A (X10 wired and wireless transceiver)
CM-17 = CM17A (Firecracker X10 wireless transmitter)
CM-11 = CM11A (X10 wired transceiver)

You don't need to Google for the Bottle Rocket software as I am now
the keeper of the page:

http://www.linuxha.com/bottlerocket/

There are other easier solutions and the software links can be found
on my pages. I think Smarthome has a thing called the Two-way
interface for the TW523. It's expensive and you'd probalby be able to
get other hardware cheaper to transmit and receive X10. ... Drivers on
my page.

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               Backup site