Re: Switching audio via an Ocelot and SECU's

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> "Bill Kearney" <wkearney99@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
>
> I guess it really torques me that they are allegedly automation EXPERTS
and
> they can't get their web page automated worth a tinker's damn!!!!!  That's
> *not* that kind of company I want to buy automation SW, HW or firmware
from.
> "We know it's crappy, but we can't be bothered fixing it" is the attitude
> such I read from poor website design.  From what I managed to glean from
> Google and elsewhere, it wasn't until Bryan Karras, as a vendor, started
his
> own CPUXA forum that ADI got their act in gear to deploy one - they
> apparently had nothing up until that point. A *vendor* had to do their job
> for them.  No warm and fuzzy feeling there, either, I'm afraid.

I have to jump in here to defend ADI.  Being a wizard on imbedded system
design doesn't make one a wizard on HTML or JAVA.  They are different
skills.  And I would rather have someone who focuses his full effort on
hardware designing my automation equipment.

Our Ocelot runs 24/7 week after week with no glitches.  That is expected of
industrial automation equipment, which is where the Ocelot came from.
People here talk about X10 not being reliable.  I would never trust my
automation to a PC running 24/7, at least not using any M$ software more
complicated than DOS.

Jeff