Re: Reed Switch for Garage Door

You can see a picture of how I set up mine here:
 http://community.webshots.com/user/brobin111
 I have a Genie opener that already has a magnet on the trolley. I just
stuck an alarm sensor on the one that Genie uses and ran the leads back
to my panel over the Cat5 I had run to the ceiling during construction.
I could have added a magnet to the trolley if it wasn't already there.
The advantage to this setup is that there are no wires within reach to
be tampered with and the sensor was about a buck (in a package of 10) at
ADI.
 BTW, I use that contact to indicate to the Stargate that I'm coming or
going. Stagate then forwards my landline to my cellphone and unforwards
on my return. My wife and I have seperate numbers to make this work.