Re: is x10.com dead?

"Bill Kearney" <wkearney99@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:uMWdnfDRWvuaZ2TenZ2dnUVZ_sSdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Again, pick better analogies.  Instead of X-10 just pick solution that
> doesn't depend on it's unreliable protocols and poorly made devices.
You're
> apologizing for a solution that I've found to be completely unsuitable, on
> several fronts; quality, technical engineering and usability.

That's the crux of it.  It's a solution YOU'VE found completely unsuitable.
Many others who invest some time and effort are rewarded with an economical
system that can work very well.  Even if these "new and better" choices were
available at the same price, I would still choose X10 due to its wide
selection of components.  Like I said in the beginning, some people choose
Chevys, some Caddys.  If you learn how to drive, they all get the job done.
It may be harder to learn how to drive the X10 system, and some people can't
be bothered.  Guess that's why most people drive automatics today...

Jeff