Re: is x10.com dead?

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 09:15:45 -0500, "Bill Kearney"
<wkearney99@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Ever drive a Citroen?  Now *there's* an interesting ride.
>
> Oh they ARE unique, aren't they?  VERY good analogy for HA oddities.

An old friend of mine used to drive one to work in Boston back in
the 60's.  They used to have an adjustable, air-oil suspension
system.  For city driving they would pump up and for highway
rides they'd slink down.  When he would shut the engine off the
thing would return to it's normal state.  One day he came off the
Mass Pike, drove several blocks and parked across the street from
his favorite tobacconist -- directly in front of a bar.

As he stepped out the car made a hissing sound as it rose several
inches.  A drunk who had just emerged from the bar asked him,
"Excuse me mister but did that car just go UP"?

My friend said, "Sure, don't they all?" and walked away.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large
groups.