Re: X10 signals can be TOO strong!

avogel2@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

>But aren't we talking about two different things here?  The XTB-II is
>providing pulses that are turning the triac on.  Doesn't the Insteon
>flicker problem only occur when the load is on?  In other words, aren't
>the triacs inadvertently trying to turn off in this case?

Most of the reports of Insteon involved dimmers with 300W or more load,
dimmed to about 50%, flickering when an Insteon control signal was present
on the powerline. That they had to be dimmed to see the flicker would
indicate they were turning on prematurely, flashing to full bright for some
half cycles.

There were also reports of non-Insteon dimmers flickering under the same
circumstances. I believe Bruce Robin reported that he saw the flicker with a
non-Insteon dimmer but I do not recall the details.

http://davehouston.net