Re: X10 signals can be TOO strong!

On 14 Dec 2006 16:09:00 -0800, avogel2@xxxxxxxxx wrote in message
<1166141340.318688.98330@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>Sensitive gate triacs would less likely be turned on by capacitively
>coupled pulses of the same amplitude that caused the problem seen by
>Jeff Volp.  At higher DV/dts, they would still have a problem.
>
>But aren't we talking about two different things here?  The XTB-II is
>providing pulses that are turning the triac on.  Doesn't the Insteon
>flicker problem only occur when the load is on?  In other words, aren't
>the triacs inadvertently trying to turn off in this case?
>
>Alan

Right. Apparently I misunderstood Jeff's problem. I understood "heavy loads"
(which yo me implied large currents) and devices of "various eras" (which
implies construction with earlier TRIAC designs) but apparently I captured the
wrong circuit diagram in my noggin. I'll go back and re-read.

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org