Re: X10 signals can be TOO strong!

It looks like the 30Vpp signals that appear on the MT1 and MT2 pins of the
triac are exceeding the triac's dV/dt spec.  These signals capacitively
couple to the triac's gate and turn it on.  Sensitive gate triacs typically
have higher dV/dt limits, but are probably not used in the modules because
they are more expensive.

Alan