Re: zoned or not zoned?? thermostatic control of multiple spaces

Marc, i honestly am not sure now. many homes and buildings in this area
were originally heated w/ steam. in this building, i noted that the
living spaces all have the newer baseboard type radiators that i think
are called "slant-fin". i honestly don't know if they are making use of
hotwater or steam. one unit in the building has an old fashioned iron
radiator--the kind i associate w/ steam. it is small and only heats an
office space. when i was in the units they seemed to be warm and
comfortable and i didn't hear any water hammer when the inspector i
hired turned the thermostat up to observe the operation. at the time i
didn't think to ask many questions about the system other than to be
sure it worked adequately.