Re: zoned or not zoned?? thermostatic control of multiple spaces

Marc, this sounds pretty close to what i want to do. not the Aprilaire
thing (way outta my budget), but the other. hope you don't mind helping
me out w/ a few of the details. ok, conventional therms, cat5, serial
wiring, parallel wiring. i'm down w/ all that. i'm not sure about the
24V xformer and the relays. i'm assuming that both of those get
installed in the boiler room along w/ my 7th therm. what kind of
relays?  is the 24v xformr the kind used in doorbell circuits? how do
those fit into the wiring scheme? is it possible for you to sketch this
out for me?

what would be the difference w/ using an AUTO therm instead? as for
discouraging tampering w/ the settings i could possibly camo the therms
inside the casing of a smoke alarm unit.

thanks for the ideas!