Re: Ability to drive multiple IR transmitters independantly from PC

ved_dhuru@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> If I understand the above, you just want to swicth the displays on and
> off; not control any other parameter. In which case, why not just
> switch the power?

Hi Anand,

That's a very good question, and one I should have clarified in the
original post - the displays in question are projectors, and as such,
cutting the power to them without allowing them to shut down correctly
drastically reduces the lifetime of the bulb.  When they receive the
'off' IR signal, they enter a rapid cool-down mode lasting about 2
minutes, where the cooling fan runs constantly.

In addition, I believe that they do not default to the 'on' state when
power is initially applied.

Thanks,

Alexis.