Re: No more X10 at Radio Shack?

"Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:uCsdh.433245$QZ1.227185@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "Bill Kearney" <wkearney99@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >
> > And I continue to be amazed by how steadfastly some folks will cling to
> > defending what's clearly a defective product.
>
> And I am amazed by people like yourself who continue to trash an
inexpensive
> solution to home automation just because some people can't learn how to
make
> it work properly.  As bitter as you are about X10, apparently you are one
of
> them.

Hey, I'm just glad to hear yet another retailer is abandoning sales of
X10-based products.  Things like light switches shouldn't have to be
"configured" in the horrible ways X10 requires.

> Since you have stated many times that X10 is a defective product, I would
> like to know exactly what you think is defective (in technical terms).

Crappy build quality and inferior components ring any bells?  To say nothing
of horrible user experience (switch gear) and miserably bad software.

> Considering what X10 modules must cost to manufacture, I'm impressed that
> they work so well.  How many other electronic devices can be bought for a
> few bucks and last for decades?

Yeah, good, fast, cheap... pick two.  X10 doesn't even hit two of the
points.  That it's inexpensive doesn't mean it's not crap.

> > X10's dead, and rightly so.
>
> The X10 protocol will probably outlast many of the new kids on the block.
> None of the other candidates have the rich selection of multi-sourced
> devices that are available for X10.

Ha, "rich selection" and home automation, now THERE'S a pipe dream.

Seeing as how you're peddling a "solution" to the X10 problems it's rather
disingenuous to believe any opinions you're spouting here.