Re: No more X10 at Radio Shack?

> > "Anything" is possible, not everything is likely.  Meanwhile X10 fucks
up
> > every single day.
>
> Certainly true for those who don't understand how to make it work right.
>
> Many things need periodic maintanance to keep them running.  Your car
might
> not last too long without an oil change.  Use the wrong transmission
fluid,
> and you are in a world of trouble.

And I continue to be amazed by how steadfastly some folks will cling to
defending what's clearly a defective product.

That you're willing to play whack-a-mole with X10, and that YOU HAD TO in
order to get it to work, makes it clear it's not a solution for the masses.

> > Of course not, X10 stinks, it did then and it still does now, even more
> so.
>
> There have been a few interesting threads over on Cocoontech regarding
> problems with other systems.  Only a hardwired system can be guaranteed to
> be virtually 100% reliable (assuming power is available).  Everything else
> is at the mercy of other devices communicating over the same medium.

Again, claiming something else is /possibly/ worse doesn't make X10
'better'.

X10's dead, and rightly so.