Re: First Alert FA140C keypad

> I have an old First Alert FA140C alarm system
> with a FA250KP keypad. The programming
> manual indicates that I need the FA550KP
> Alpha keypad for reprogramming. Will one of
> the standard Adecom keypads (such as the
> 6160) work with this First Alert System? Also
> which Adecom system is comparable to the
> FA140C?

Hi Gary,

That's a pretty old panel.  The newer ones can use equivalent Ademco (now called Honeywell) keypads like the 6160.  I called to
check and unfortunately, according to Honeywell's systems support folks, the FA140C is not compatible with the 6160 keypad.  Your
best bet is probably going to be eBay unless you can get one from the installing dealer (usually won't happen without paying for a
service visit and/or signing up for monitoring).

I believe the closest current model is the Vista-10P.  There are attractively priced kits available online which include a
Vista-20P, a 6160 keypad and a few accessories.  If you decide to upgrade the system that may be an option to consider.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics