Re: No more X10 at Radio Shack?

"Bill Kearney" <wkearney99@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:c6OdnVvP6uybCujYnZ2dnUVZ_tOdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> And I continue to be amazed by how steadfastly some folks will cling to
> defending what's clearly a defective product.

And I am amazed by people like yourself who continue to trash an inexpensive
solution to home automation just because some people can't learn how to make
it work properly.  As bitter as you are about X10, apparently you are one of
them.

Most of us don't have the resources to spend $100 per load to automate our
houses.  Some people drive used cars and others may drive a new Lexus.
Usually the choice is dictated by economic factors.  X10 may not have Lexus
status, but like my used car, it gets the job done.

Since you have stated many times that X10 is a defective product, I would
like to know exactly what you think is defective (in technical terms).
Considering what X10 modules must cost to manufacture, I'm impressed that
they work so well.  How many other electronic devices can be bought for a
few bucks and last for decades?

> X10's dead, and rightly so.

The X10 protocol will probably outlast many of the new kids on the block.
None of the other candidates have the rich selection of multi-sourced
devices that are available for X10.

Jeff