Re: XTB, reliablity, etc.

"E. Lee Dickinson" <lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:ekqr8k$jls$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Which doesn't help with keypadlincs, 2-way switches, tabletop controllers,
> or any other control a user is likely to have around the house. Very small
> percentage of X-10 users likely have a master control pc/automation
> controller/security panel. Most people have a few plug in controllers
around
> the house, maybe some tx/rx 3/4/5 way switch circuits.  XTB won't help
with
> those unless, as Brian rightly pointed out, one was wired in to every one
of
> those control points.

Actually, for most people this isn't as much a problem as it may seem.  We
have a bunch of wired Leviton 16400 4-button switches that we use to trigger
macros in the Ocelot and to directly control lights.  All that stuff works
fine without XTB boost.  Similar for the minicontrollers and maxicontrollers
spread around the house.  In most cases these control devices on their own
circuit, so needing a boosted signal for distribution throughout the house
is not important.

Actually, most people who have given me feedback on the XTB performance do
use it to boost the output of their master controller.  Including not only
high-end controllers using the TW523, but also the CM11A and CM15A, a large
percentage of X10 users fall into this category.

Jeff