Re: Reading power levels

On Fri, 1 Dec 2006 20:39:41 -0000, The Grim Reaper <dontbother@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> No doubt another stupid question :D

Not at all.

> Has anyone come across any devices (UK compatible) that can monitor the
> total current coming into your property??

up for some DIY?

http://www.edcheung.com/automa/power.htm

> Also, I don't suppose anyone in the electricity (or gas) supply sectors know
> of any domestic devices that give an interface to your meter readings??

Some meters have a flashing LED which flashes per some unit of
consumption.  Optical detection...

Some meters have a black and silver disk that can be optically detected
to give a pulse per unit.

Some meters have spinning magnets that can be detected with a hall
effect sensor for a pulse per unit.

Some meters actually transmit a signal and you might could tie into
that.

sdb

--
Wanted:  Omnibook 800 & accessories, cheap, working or not
sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com