Re: Camera in the baby's room?

On 29 Nov 2006 12:38:27 -0800, Robert L Bass <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Note: although RG6Q/S cable is touted by some as the be-all and end-all
> of video cable, it is major overkill for a CCTV system.  If you're
> running ordinary, composite video less than 200' in your home, save
> some money and a lot of aggravation by using RG59, which what
> professionals have used for CCTV for many years.

I agree, forget about RG-6QS.  But RG-59 over RG-6?  Saving a few
pennies per foot for RG-59 (if you even save anything) is stupid.  The
signal loss, leaking (both in and out) and overall low quality of RG-59
will bite you if you are doing anything more complex than a 4ft patch
cable.  Home Depot and Lowes by me don't even stock RG-59 in bulk, nor
the F-connectors for it.  The industry standard for 75ohm co-ax in the
home is RG-6.  Ask the local cable TV or (a competent) satellite
installer.  RG-59 went out with disco.  Let's keep it that way.

sdb
--
Wanted:  Omnibook 800 & accessories, cheap, working or not
sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com