Re: Camera in the baby's room?

> I agree, forget about RG-6QS.  But RG-59 over RG-6?
>  Saving a few pennies per foot for RG-59 (if you even
> save anything) is stupid...ek

Sylvan,

During your lengthy debate with several folks here about your plans to
design a dimmer I disagreed completely with your premise but managed to
avoid calling you or your ideas stupid.  Perhaps you'll consider granting me
the same courtesy.

As to your comments about RG59, you are quite wrong, sir.  That's the
standard cable for CCTV used by profesional installers (including myself)
for many years.  It works well, is not lossy, is less expensive and is
easier to install, especially on retrofit jobs, than RG6.

I believe in using RG6Q/S for high speed data and for other high bandwidth
lines where accuracy is critical.  However, installing numerous CCTV systems
I've learned not to waste time or money on specialty cable that doesn't add
to system performance.

> The signal loss, leaking (both in and out) and overall
> low quality of RG-59 will bite you if you are doing
> anything more complex than a 4ft patch cable.

That is categorically untrue, Sylvan.

> Home Depot and Lowes by me don't even stock
> RG-59 in bulk...

That's because they make more money selling RG6Q/S.

>  The industry standard for 75ohm co-ax in the
> home is RG-6.

The CCTV industry standard is RG59.

> Ask the local cable TV or (a competent) satellite
> installer.

Diferent application.

--

Regards,