Re: XTB-II 2-Phase Version

Hello Jeff,

> That function is already covered by several different active
> coupler/repeaters.  SmartHome also makes a plug-in module that works that
> way, but it doesn't have as much drive as the XTB.
>
> The XTB was really designed to increase the output of a PSC05/TW523.  A good
> passive coupler is still needed when X10 devices are on both phases.  Since
> the optimal location for the XTB is near the distribution panel, offering a
> version with the coupler built in seemed worth doing.

I don't know how the XTB works in detail or even where it can be bought
but wouldn't Dennis' situation be remedied if all those units were
plugged into the XTB via a power strip? Of course one without any EMI
filters.

Other suggestion for a possible XTB-III: The RF transceiver modules
contain a receiver that, well, brings on goose pimples for RF guys like
me. What if XTB-III contained a "real" receiver with a safe connection
socket for a proper antenna? Then it would provide a better RF link and
at the same time make sure the amplitudes generated from an RF command
would be the same as XTB usually provides.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com