Re: XTB-II 2-Phase Version

"Joerg" <notthisjoergsch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1NsDg.6490$1f6.3030@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hello Jeff,
>
> > The XTB was really designed to increase the output of a PSC05/TW523.  A
good
> > passive coupler is still needed when X10 devices are on both phases.
Since
> > the optimal location for the XTB is near the distribution panel,
offering a
> > version with the coupler built in seemed worth doing.
>
> I don't know how the XTB works in detail or even where it can be bought
> but wouldn't Dennis' situation be remedied if all those units were
> plugged into the XTB via a power strip? Of course one without any EMI
> filters.

You have to remember that X10 transmitters are also signal suckers.  Both
transmitted and received signals on the "shared bus" powerstrip will be
attenuated, depending on how many transmitters are used.  The configuration
you suggest worked fine for one of the beta testers.  The number of
transmitters that can be shared will be a function how much load is
contributed by each one.

> Other suggestion for a possible XTB-III: The RF transceiver modules
> contain a receiver that, well, brings on goose pimples for RF guys like
> me. What if XTB-III contained a "real" receiver with a safe connection
> socket for a proper antenna? Then it would provide a better RF link and
> at the same time make sure the amplitudes generated from an RF command
> would be the same as XTB usually provides.

Sorry, but the XTB will never include a RF link.  But a future XTB may
include a direct powerline interface for one of Dave Houstons RF widgets.

Jeff