Re: Smoke alarms (was Re: For Graham, Rober, and Coppernob)

<robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >> NFPA 72-2002 11.7.6.7  Installations that include the connection of
> >> single- or multiple-station alarms with other input or output devices,
> >> such as but not limited to relay modules, remote signaling devices,
phone
> >> dialers, security panels, heat detectors, and manual pull stations,
shall
> >> be permitted, providing that an open or short circuit of the wiring
> >> leading to these input or output devices does not prevent normal
operation
> >> of the single- or multiple-station alarm.
>
> The problem which Mr. Olson is ignoring (and I must conclude that he
> does so deliberately as he has had ample time to find the US code and
> knows full well what he advocates is against it) is that the devices
> MUST be listed for use with a fire alarm.

First of all, I don't see "Mr. Olson" "advocating" for anything but "doing
it right".  He's simply pointing out that NFPA does allow interconnection of
smoke alarms to a home security system.  I've read his original response and
followed this thread with interest.  Your whole argument hinges on an
interpretation of code that no AHJ (in his right mind) would support.  There
is nothing in any North American code or standard that would prohibit
someone from interconnecting their smoke alarms to an auto dialler or home
security system.

All I see is that _you're_ the one "ignoring" plain facts placed before you.
"Mr. Olson" recommended against using AC smoke alarms in one of his very
first responses.  "Mr. Olson" provided the relevent text from the very
"code" you keep waving in front of everyone that supports his argument, yet
you continue to cling to rhetoric that's unsubstantiated and appears to
spring from your own "personal animus".