Re: Smoke alarms (was Re: For Graham, Rober, and Coppernob)

<robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> As to the forum you mention, comments made there are (like those here)
> mostly supposition.

Agreed.  I never claimed otherwise.

> If you want the truth of thge matter, ask your
> local inspector.  He has the final say on the matter.  In fact, as the
> "authority having jurisdiction" (AHJ), he is the arbiter of the
> interpretation and application of the code.

Ok, fine.  My Firex relay was installed by the electrician last year when
the house was built.  The electrical inspector approved the device for the
intended purpose -- connection to a security panel (I specifically talked to
him about it).

Kurt