Re: Insteon woes - I'm tempted to chuck the whole lot now.

I have the beta Houselinc Desktop (which I suspect as a possible culprit
here) and the 2414X which, prior to the Houselinc install was working as
designed. Houselinc detected the 2414X as a KeypadLinc.  I'll look at
HomeSeer but I really prefer standalone units to having to run a PC
24/7. I don't think I've ever had a PC run for a month or more without
having to reboot or pay some attention to it. I travel a lot and
sometimes for 30+ days so I prefer to stay away from reliance on a PC.
 The Stargate can send the TTL output to a TW523 or any desired ASCII
string to a serial device.