Re: Insteon woes - I'm tempted to chuck the whole lot now.

On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 01:04:47 GMT, "BruceR" <br@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message  <PkwBg.10536$Ta6.1103@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>Several of my Insteon devices have taken to linking or unlinking with
>other devices on their own. Anybody else having this problem?
>Additionally, one of my KPL's just turns itself off completely and has
>to be restarted and reprogrammed. Lastly, my 2414X Translator has put
>itself into setup mode and won't come out of it.  With all these
>problems I may just ship the whole load back and put the X10 stuff or
>something else back in! This isn't fun anymore.

Before I did that, I'd get rid of the 2414X Translator assuming that your
software has native INSTEON support. As I understand it, the Translator
never made it out of beta. You may experiencing some of the reasons why it
didn't as well as even more spurious interaction with firmware released
after they (apparently) gave up on it. Try taking it out of the system to
see if reduces the problems.

If your software doesn't talk INSTEON, and the beta 2414X is indeed much of
the problem, consider an Elk MG1, even if primarily for the purpose of
controlling the INSTEON. But first check reactions to the Elk-M1XSP Insteon
version Firmware v.50.0.22 released 6/23/06. I can do that for you in the
Elk developer forum if you like.

... Marc (Homebrew Hardwired where it matters; INSTEON where it doesn't ;-)
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org