Re: Wiring question -6287

"Bill Stock" <me7@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:4jpc9tF94530U1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>I was going to install a 6287 to see if it would alleviate my signal
>sucking CFLs. The problem is there is a switched socket on the same circuit
>as the lights (3). But the socket only gets used for the Christmas lights,
>so I figure I've got a few months to test.
>
> I took the covers off the three CFL lights in the string and I discovered
> that two of the three lights are 'End of Line'. So I  guess I need at
> least two 6287s? For the intermediate box, The load side of the 6287 needs
> to go to both loads (two blacks- light and downstream lights) and the line
> side needs to go to the black wire coming from the switch?  Kinda obvious
> I hope, but I thought I should check.
>
> Thanks.

OK,

That seems to have worked, no smoke, no flames and the damn switch responded
to an Off command. Hallelujah!

Now, if I wire the downstream load (receptacle + 3rd light) to the live side
of the 6287, will this bypass the middle 6287 for the downstream receptacle?
I can then put a third 6287 on the end light, which will allow me to put
more than 5 amps on the receptacle?

TIA.