Re: building a new home

You're building new and say wiring is no problem, yet are planning to use a
braindead RF protocol so I figured nice reasoning would go over your head.
;)

There are several hardwired systems and hardwired beats wireless. Pick one
that fits your budget. I would look hard at Clipsal C-Bus which Square-D is
about to introduce to North America. It has an excellent track record in
Australia/New Zealand and Europe (although it has only been available in
Europe for a couple of years). They also have RF devices to handle any
future needs you may fail to anticipate as you wire. Frank McAlinden (sp?)
recently gave a URL to Square-D's Clipsal page.

     http://ecatalog.squared.com/techlib/browse.cfm?hid=0b008926801ebe3d