Re: Running Audio Over Home Network

Lewis Gardner wrote:
> BrianEWilliams wrote:
> > I am in the USA and want to run sound into my 5 year old son's bedroom.
> >  He gets a night time story on CD as he falls asleep, but he tends to
> > play it over and over, having figured out the CD player, and he ends up
> > not getting enough sleep.  Why exercise parental control when there is
> > a technological solution?  Exactly!
>
> Just because there is a technological solution doesn't mean it should be
> implemented.
>
> The best solution is to read the bedtime story yourself. The time you
> spend will be worth more than any any pile of equipment. The bedtime
> story is an important bond between parent and child and free discussion
> during this time can help allay many of the normal childhood fears.
>
> Read to your kids. It is important for their development.
>
> Sorry if I have overstepped a parental boundary.

No problem at all.  We read a fair amount to both our sons, and I agree
it is very important, but the older one seems to hang out in bed after
lights out and goof around.  A story on tape or disk really seems to
calm him down and let him get to sleep earlier *except* when he can put
it on repeat forever or keep flipping the tape over.