Re: HAI software

Robert,

It's really simpler then you might think to make the PC software
accessible.  There's no need to figure out how to interface it to
either a braille or speech output device.  That's all been done and is
incorporated into our PC access software.  What is required is that the
software programmers be aware of the coding techniques, such as
providing keyboard navigation for all functions, labeling graphics with
text labels, use standard Windows controls rather then Custom controls,
ETC.   These are the programming techniques outlined in the Microsoft
document.

NOW!  Lets talk about making the "Control panels" and other interface
hardware to the ELK system accessible.  That's where some interesting
work needs to be done.  How about utilizing the voice capabilities
already existing in the ELK panel to provide voice feedback for the
control panel menu's and buttons as a starting point.  As an incentive
to the marketing department, don't forget our aging population, with
their failing eyesight.

I would be thrilled to work with you and ELK in anyway I can to improve
the accessibility of the ELK system.

Thanks

Dennis