Re: 1132B PowerLinc transmit problem

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 23:42:22 -0700, vlad.troyanker wrote:

> Charles Sullivan wrote:
>> On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 14:56:17 -0700, vlad.troyanker wrote:
>
>> FWIW, Synapse has behaved very erraticly with the 1132B
>> the few times I've tried using it under either Windows XP
>> or Windows 98SE on a P4, 3 GHz system.
>

> Since the X10 RS232 protocol is very simple. I would guess there is a
> good quality free software out there. I would definately wish for more
> diagnostics. When I press function code button 19 out of 20 time simply
> nothing happens. My guess is it does not receive ACK from the device
> but would be good to know for a fact.

Your experience sounds similar to mine.  In my case, sometimes
Synapse would work if I double-clicked the button.  I had
no interest in using the 1132B as a general controller so didn't
spend any time in trying to troubleshoot the software.

I use an X10 CM11A as my general controller with software running
under the Linux OS.  I am unfamiliar with Windows software for the
1132B.

Regards,
Charles Sullivan