Re: Insteon - WOW

Regarding the light that will turn on, but not off. This could be powerline
interference from the light itself and it might need a filter.

Despite some of the great things about Insteon, it can still suceptible to
powerline interference like X10. I have one device in my house (Tilia
Foodsaver) that when plugged in will almost completely kill Insteon
throughout the entire house (just has to be plugged in, not even running)..

Secondly, you mention two SignalLincs, but you didn't say if they were on
separate power phases (fast blink vs. slow blink on the test mode as
described in the instructions) (something to check, the panel they are on
doesn't matter, it is the power phase that matters). As someone else
mentioned, additional SignaLincs are great because you can add them
anywhere.

Also, it has been reported that Insteon needs a certain number of devices to
reach critical mass. I found that in my house, with a few devices it was
100% reliable, then as I added more devices it got less reliable (probably
the powerline two way signal sucking problem), but as I added even more
devices it got reliable again.

Also, on the software side, most of the software I've seen is only beta
quality. Even the best (PowerHome) has problems (many due to SmartHome's
Device Manager software). But, it's getting better. :)