Re: Insteon - WOW

OK...We've bumped into two reliability problems:

1.  A light far from the powerlinc interface won't turn off on a
consistent basis
2.  None of the lights went off on Friday night as they were
programmed.

The front door light is the furthest geographically and probably
electrically from the Mac controlling the lights.  Interestingly, it
reliably goes on when programmed, but not always off.  Other lights
don't have this problem.

Also, Friday night, none of the lights went off as programmed.

So, my hypotheses are:

1. The front door issue is a signal strength problem.

The Signalinc's were both on circuits that are off of the same subpanel
as the Powerlinc.  I moved the signalincs to circuits that are off the
main electrical panel and physically closer to the front door light
switch.

2. The Friday night issue was a "software glitch".  I am having my
friend reboot the mac every now and then to see if the software just
lost its mind.

We'll see what happens.

If anyone else has some good ideas, please let me know.

Thanks,

Mitch

Other background: about 20 icon and insteon switches plus 2 signalincs,
1 powerlinc and 1 insteon tabletop controller with Indigo software on a
Mac.  No X10 devices in the house.  2.4 GHz devices include phones and
wireless LAN.  No other RF or powerline stuff I'm aware of.