Re: New Home Construction

"pebrinic@xxxxxxxxx" <pebrinic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Also, as
>far as interference is concerned, is a powerline firewall such as the
>Compose PLC a necessity in a townhouse enviroment?  That would be more
>a question for the automation system that we would install, if that
>would go over powerlines such as X10, right?

I misread this in my first response.

If you use X-10 or other powerline based automation you _may_ need a whole
house filter that blocks powerline signals from entering or leaving your
premises. The details will depend on the system you choose and whether or
not any neighbors on the same power distribution transformer use similar
technology.

None of the powerline filters will block RF signals so you'll need to
consider systems that have methods for determining the source of RF signals.

Currently available technology uses carriers below 400kHz which are far
below the carriers used by HomePlug.