Re: Looking at how to use the DS10A with other devices

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 01:51:09 +0000, jt wrote:

> I would like to use the DS10A door/window sensors to monitor with.
> Apparently, it only works with the security console.
>
> Are they any other receiver devices how I get get it to read or is there a
> modification for the DS10A that would make where I can use it on other X10
> receivers?
>
> Thanks,
> JT

The WGL W800RF32A can receive the security signals from the DS10A
as well as standard X10 RF signals.  It needs its own RS232 serial
port and software to do something with the signals it receives.

The web page (http://www.wgldesigns.com/w800.html) has a list
of home automation software products which support the W800RF32A
(in some fashion) but I haven't investigated to find out which ones
actually support the security signals and/or how they handle them.

Regards,
Charles Sullivan