Re: Video Surveillance Software? (0/1)

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 23:00:55 -0700, Dave <dju@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 21:59:29 -0400, Don Wiss wrote:
>
>>How does one know if their display adapter has this feature? If you have an
>>expensive PC would this then be a common feature?
>
>If you have MS's direct-x installed (and if you use local
>video capture you most likely do) you can load DXDIAG.EXE
>and run a test on the display adapter. It should show that
>the test has passed.

It did. Worked fine. Thanks.

> I attached a small gif image to show
>what it should look like.

But my ISP, like many, removed binary attachments from text only
newsgroups.

>>Are you shooting through a window? Or do you have this in some large
>>weatherproof housing?
>
>Yes, it's inside looking out my kitchen window. (Nice view
>of the dusty alley?) I would like to put it outside and
>improve the quality and sensitivity of the video but it's
>not made for outdoor use, AFAIK. Maybe eventually I'll build
>or buy a housing for the camera.

My problem is I want to monitor what's going on in front of my row house.
So a large casing would be way too noticeable. I could only get away with a
weatherproof bullet camera. I do keep a light on over my stoop and one
inside under the stoop. So I may be able to get away with a less sensitive
camera.