Re: how to fit x10 switches in a gangbox

Marc F Hult wrote:
> Mixing in some remote switches used in 2-way and 3-way applications in a
> multiple switch box is helpful from both a heat and internal box volume
> standpoint. It may be that you can reverse/change the locations of the
> actual dimmer and the remote(s) to your advantage.

I don't think you can do this. The load will only be wired to one box,
correct? Unless there happens to be an extra traveler wire, you'd only
be able to put the main switch in one location. Unless you go the
transmitter-instead-of-slave-switch route.

Also, most of the slave switches I've seen (PCS, Switchlinc) are the
same size as the masters. What I do to make them fit is exchange all
the wire nuts to the smallest possible size that will still make a good
connection. That seems to help considerably.

- Mark.