Re: X10 module frequency response

Shortly after posting the test data last evening I realized that I was using
the wrong RR501. Instead of an older one that does not have collision
avoidance and auto repeat I was using a newer one so I was really testing
the RR501 rather than the LM14A.

I reran all the tests using the pushbuttons on an IR543 to be sure I was
sending PLC signals at the time I intended. I used the relay in the RR501 to
signal its response to the PLC signals.

Here's the new data. (The REG column is the PIC PR2 register value.)

X-10 Frequency Response (~=300mVpp)
--------------------------------------
FREQ    REG  LM14A  LM465  RR501  ESM1
225.1    8    YES    YES    YES     0
202.7    9    YES     NO    YES     0
184.4   10    YES     NO    YES     1-SPORADIC
168.7   11    YES     NO     NO     1
155.9   12    YES     NO     NO     1
144.7   13    YES     NO     NO     1
135.1   14    YES     NO     NO     4
126.6   15    YES     NO     NO     2
119.3   16    YES     NO     NO     1
112.7   17    YES     NO     NO     1
106.6   18    YES     NO     NO     0
101.4   19    YES     NO     NO     0
 96.5   20    YES     NO     NO     0
 92.5   21    YES     NO     NO     0
 88.1   22    YES     NO    YES     0
 84.5   23    YES     NO    YES     1
 81.1   24    YES     NO    YES     1
 77.9   25    YES     NO    YES     1
 75.0   26    YES     NO    YES     1
 72.4   27    YES     NO    YES     1
 69.9   28    YES    YES    YES     1

It turns out that the LM14A is unphased by the continuous ~300mVpp signal.
Its Automatic Threshold Control (AGC is really a misnomer) is more
impressive than I thought.