Re: Multi-Speaker Distribution

Marc -
     Thanks for your response.  I obviously don't know alot about HT or
home audio and seldomly listen to music for long periods of time.  I'm
really only putting this together for some background music during
parties, etc....
     I would agree that the Phoenix website blows.  The ISM6 that I
bought is the single source model.  It does have what they call
"Impedance protection"; but I have it turned off with the switch
because I also have an Impedance Matching Volume control in the
basement and was under the impression that I don't need both.
     The speakers in the basement are Onkyo 100 W  and say 8ohm on the
back which is also what the receiver says.  I thought that as long as I
had the IM volume controls I would be OK.
     My original problem was that the volume in the basement was
extremely low regardless of what I did with the volume control down
there.  It did change as I turned it up but not that much.  Today while
I was playing around I found that if I put the receivers volume control
at about midway then adjusted the volume from the control downstairs
that it worked well.  Is that how a speaker distribution model with
independent volume controls work?  The receivers volume is used as a
starting point and the volume control in the other zones make
adjustments from there.  I thought the entire reason for the
distribution and volume control was to completely bypass the receivers
volume control for the additional zones.
     Thanks for any help and guidance.

Kooch54...