Multi-Speaker Distribution

I have a Sony 100W A/V receiver.  I recently bought a Phoenix gold ISM6
speaker distribution panel that I want to use to add speakers in the
basement and outside  all running from the single source receiver.  My
setup is as follows:  Front L/R speakers cable goes to the input on the
ISM6.  Output from ISM6 goes to the front  L/R speakers.  Zone one from
the ISM goest to the AMP side of the impedance matching volume control.
 Speaker cable is run from the speaker side of the volume control to
the speakers themselves.  Should this scenario work without issue?
With the current setup if I select zone 1 on the distribution panel and
then turn on the volume control I do hear music from the speakers but
regardless of how high I turn the volume control it never gets any
louder.  Should the volume off zone 1 be similar to that of the
speakers directly connected to the receiver.  It doesn't even come
close to what I think it should be.  What could be wrong with my setup?
 There are no jumpers on the volume control it says it automatically
detects the necessary settings.

Kooch54...