Re: Multi-Speaker Distribution

On 2 Oct 2005 12:25:48 -0700, "kooch54" <kooch54@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message  <1128281148.391275.128260@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>Any help is appreciated with this problem.
>
>Kooch54...

The info on the Phoenix Gold web site is useless.

http://www.phoenixgold.com/accessories/ihism6.html

Only three feature/specs are listed one of which is  "Four color display
packaging" which tells me a lot ...

This page also says that the IH ISM 6 is both "single source" and "dual
source". Which is it ?

The page for downloading manuals is non-functional so we don't know what's
actually inside the gizmo including whether it has impedance matching or is
just a box with switches.

You apparently want to run 3 pairs of speakers from a single "Sony 100W AV
receiver".  Without specific info about what receiver you actually have, the
best we can do is give the general observation that this will generally blow
out the output devices in the receiver if played too long and(or)  too hard
with low-impedance speakers without impedance matching.

We also know nothing about your speakers. What do their manufacturers' claim
to be their nominal impedances?

Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org