Audio / Video Distribution

Hello,

I am in the process of putting all my audio and video equiptment into one
room of my house and distribute throughout the house from there. I
understand most of the equiptment needed, but need help on suggestion of the
distribution unit that all units plug into and distribute audio and video
through the house. Also, a suggestion, is it better to setup as wireless
control or wired control?

Thanks Dominic B