Re: suggestions for air temperature measurement

Marc F Hult wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion. The mcs plug-in seems intrinsically very capable
> from what I could tell.
>
> But I poked around the Homeseer site longer than I had patience for without
> finding a manual or any actual description. Did I miss it? And no url for a
> mcs web site.  Apparently I have to download Homeseer (yet again), install
> it (yet again) and then download the plug-in on a trial basis in order to
> see the manual? What I did find was lots of discussions of problems and bugs
> in the forum. That's what has discouraged me from pursuing HomeSeer. For
> example, it took forever to get the NAPCO security working and IIRC, in the
> end they ditched the original 3rd party plug-in.

I have HS and I downloaded the mcs temp docs. Shall I send them
to you? (1.8 meg word doc)

(I should add that it's true there are many problem reports, etc,
posted in the forum, but given the scope of functionality of HS I
don't find that unusual. My personal experience with HS has
been pretty good. Investigate the plugin(s) well before buying,
as you are wisely doing).

> Some folks thunk what HomeSeer v2 would improve things, but that hasn't been
> the case as far as I can tell...

I'm with you on this.

--
Reg        email: RegForte (at) (that free MS email service) (dot) com