Re: Automated front door lock?

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> >Who makes it and is it still available?
>>
>>      http://www.smarthome.com/5180b.html
>>
>> I think you might find it for a bit less elsewhere. I got mine from Future
>> Standard before Brian went out of business. I used a stronger strike plate
>> than the one that comes with the lock.
>
>Thanks!  I had never really considered IR as a possibility.  Were you able
>to hack into it so that you could operate it remotely from the inside of the
>house?

I never made a serious effort to do that since the manufacturer was not
cooperative.

This looks like it's made by the same company.

     http://www.nokey.com/remcondeadlo.html

It costs a lot more but RF is more convenient and the rolling codes should
make it secure (as long as the algorithm is non-trivial).