Re: Automated front door lock?

news:4352af8d.183030257@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> >>      http://www.smarthome.com/5180b.html
> >>
> >> I think you might find it for a bit less elsewhere. I got mine from
Future
> >> Standard before Brian went out of business. I used a stronger strike
plate
> >> than the one that comes with the lock.
> >
> >Thanks!  I had never really considered IR as a possibility.  Were you
able
> >to hack into it so that you could operate it remotely from the inside of
the
> >house?
>
> I never made a serious effort to do that since the manufacturer was not
> cooperative.
>
> This looks like it's made by the same company.
>
>      http://www.nokey.com/remcondeadlo.html
>
> It costs a lot more but RF is more convenient and the rolling codes should
> make it secure (as long as the algorithm is non-trivial).

Talk about synchronicity, I had just found the NOKEY site and had homed in
on this lock:

http://nokey.com/powwir.html

but say it's no longer being manufactured.  Makes me wonder if the Smarthome
site is incorrect in describing the product or whether they have a supply
salted away.

--
Bobby G.