Re: suggestions for air temperature measurement

"Marc F Hult" <MFHult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> Most home automation software is not well suited for logging analog
> (continuously variable) data. I'd be interested in learning about
> event-driven
> HA software that also manages analog data validation, manipulation,
> statistical
> analysis, storage, retrieval and graphical presentation _well_ (before I
> reinvent the wheel yet again ..)
>
> HTH ... Marc
> Marc_F_Hult
> www.ECOntrol.org

You might check out HomeSeer and the mcs Temperature plug-in - it does most
of what you want; dunno if it meets your criteria of doing it _well_.

I'm about to put a 1-wire temperature sensor in each room of my house, then
use mcs Temperature to gather data aimed at characterizing and optimizing my
heating system (I've also purchased five communicating thermostats that will
be controlled by HomeSeer).

    - Dennis Brothers