Re: suggestions for air temperature measurement

Sounds to me that 1-wire might be the way to go.  A two wire buss could
support the sensors, and a $20 adapter for the computer. (use a full cat 5
for distance, and to provide for expandability.)

Dallas provides some good sample code on their website for interfacing
Doing a "parasite" read on a sensor can be done on a single sensor in about
a second, Each sensor has a unique ID, and the bast part is, I've gotten
them for <$3 each in to-92 cases.  So, if you got 15 sensors, you can read
them about 4 times a minute if you want.  They're good to +/- 1 degree c or
+/- 2 degree C based on the specific sensor

You can build sw on windows and Linux for sure (those are the only two I've
done)

I'm currently monitoring temps in my HVAC system, outside temps, and even
have one mounted in a "can cooler" near my computer that will alert me if my
beverage gets too warm.

See homeauto dot usandthem dot com or email me at homeauto at usandthem dot
com