Re: Automatic Wheelchair Turntable

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:QYydne5jIo8WCNzeRVn-iA@xxxxxxxxxx

> Not exactly - I think the problem with their units would be both height,
> as
> in adding too much, and capacity, as in having too little.  But the site
> did
> have tons of other valuable information, such as how they drive their
> turntables:
>
> http://www.mouthstick.net/desk/motatkit.jpg
>
> That alone was worth the price of admission.  Thanks!
>
> Coupled with the advice given by Stu Alden I can see I am going to be
> buying
> a few lazy susan raceways, some formica, plywood and low RPM, high torque
> motors to "trick out" his work area for working while seated in his power
> chair.  Good find - I appreciate it.

No prob.  I was actually pretty impressed that they managed to accomplish
electrically moving the table without any belts.  I'm certain that given the
correct gear ratio in the motor, a "direct drive" solution as they've
illustrated would be far better for you.  Don't know what kind of "torque"
you'ld get out of an old windshield wiper motor, but perhaps that's an
option.  The one problem I can forsee with the setup in the picture is if
the table becomes warped or deformed slightly.  The rubber wheel they're
using in the picture may have to be a bit thicker to compensate for minor
surface irregularities.

> (And yes, I am counting . . .that's 7 in row - I'm impressed!)

Eight!!