Re: Connect home audio receiver to computer

Mitch <sumcoolgai@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Dave Houston wrote:
>> Mitch <sumcoolgai@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>>>My dyslexia might be getting the better of me ;-)
>>

>> Many of the mighty have fallen. Klipsch, Fisher and other names in the HiFi
>> pantheon no longer mean what they once did.
>>

>>>If you want to use your receiver as the source and your pc to play
>>>what's coming from it on your pc speakers, then run from the tape-out to
>>>the line-in on your audigy card.
>>

>> Tape-out may have nothing on it when there is no tape-in feed. Sometimes
>> these were intended to monitor as you record.
>>
>Usually, the tape out always has something and there's a "monitor"
>button to tell the unit to play what's coming back on the tape-in
>(otherwise it plays the source straight out).
>
>But, as Dave says, sometimes the tape-out doesn't work this way, in
>which case you'll probably have to go from the pre-amp out to the
>line-in on your audigy card.

The Advent 300 is a legendary piece of audio gear from the mid-70s, renowned
for its tuner and preamp. Without an owners manual it may be hard to figure
out just what the various inputs and outputs do as terminology has evolved
(my apologies to any  anti-evolutionists) and the gear to which it was
designed to mate (reel-to-reel tape?) has morphed in the intervening years.