Re: Connect home audio receiver to computer

Dave Houston wrote:
> Mitch <sumcoolgai@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>>My dyslexia might be getting the better of me ;-)
>

> Many of the mighty have fallen. Klipsch, Fisher and other names in the HiFi
> pantheon no longer mean what they once did.
>

>>If you want to use your receiver as the source and your pc to play
>>what's coming from it on your pc speakers, then run from the tape-out to
>>the line-in on your audigy card.
>

> Tape-out may have nothing on it when there is no tape-in feed. Sometimes
> these were intended to monitor as you record.

Usually, the tape out always has something and there's a "monitor"
button to tell the unit to play what's coming back on the tape-in
(otherwise it plays the source straight out).

But, as Dave says, sometimes the tape-out doesn't work this way, in
which case you'll probably have to go from the pre-amp out to the
line-in on your audigy card.