Re: Programmable dimmer

"E. Lee Dickinson" <lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:d77531$gts$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> "The Spanish Inquisition" <Ximinez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Wouldn't it be great to have some kind of serially controlled RGB LED
>> lamp device that you could hook up to your home server and allow you to
>> controll light intensity and color from a script or program?
>
> Are there any solutions out there for integrating DMX into home automation
> schemes? There are a number of USB DMX dongles out there that aren't
> terribly expensive, and there are tons of LED color mixing fixtures in the
> entertainment world.

There are also several PC cards which support DMX-512.  These are primarily
targeted at the theatrical lighting trade.  I've installed a number of
lighting systems using DMX-512 controls.

Side note: Musicians who are interested in HA controls may wish to play
around with a MIDI to DMX interface.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass